Monday, September 15, 2014

Fall Means Open Studios

There is a flurry of activity in my studio as I prepare for the annual Open Studios. This exciting event welcomes the public into many Boulder & Boulder County artists' studios. You get to see new work in the artist's lair and ask questions about how it is done.
 

I have a lot of new work this year. I've been busy painting, which is why this blog has been so neglected. Nature has called me to paint outside, so I have been hiking around with my paints and easel, swatting deer flies. When that gets to be too much, I resort to the studio and create finished works from my plein-air sketches.




Embracing technology, I have been 'painting' on my iPad. No, that doesn't mean I put paint on that fancy glass screen; I use an App.  It isn't as messy and is certainly easier to transport, although it doesn't work as well out in the sunshine. This means I have completed a lot of studio digital portraits, so I don't have to contend with sun and glare. It certainly isn't the same as using paint, but my brain is getting plenty of exercise learning new tricks.

All in all, I have been having fun this year. I hope you will come by my studio, if you are in the area, October 4th, 5th, 11th, & 12th, from Noon to 6:00pm.


See www.openstudios.org for more details.   

Vivian Long
www.VivianLongArt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment